How do you repair Kenwood radio caught within the “Shield Mode”?
You’ll be able to repair a Kenwood automotive radio caught in defend mode by resetting it. If the reset choice doesn’t work, you need to test the radio and its connections for overheating and shorting.
Like most automotive radios, Kenwood ones additionally go into defend mode for shielding the inner circuitry of the radio from irrevocable injury. Nonetheless, the issue with Kenwood’s defend mode is it’s exhausting to get round. The person manuals that include Kenwood radios will not be of nice assist. Furthermore, easy web searches don’t present the answer both.
However luckily, you’ve landed on the proper place to seek out the answer. Right here will focus on learn how to repair a Kenwood automotive radio caught in defend mode intimately. This information will stroll you thru multiple potential resolution.
Resolution 1: Reset the radio
Earlier than making an attempt anything, you must reset your Kenwood radio to get it out of defend mode. Now we have a few resetting strategies you possibly can attempt right here.
If the radio will get out of defend mode and begins working usually as earlier than, you don’t need to attempt anything.
Resolution 2: Test the radio for overheating
When you’ve got added some aftermarket audio parts to your automotive radio of late (e.g. a robust sub), it would result in overheating of the radio. You’ll be able to simply test if that’s the case.
- Flip off the radio and take away the aftermarket part
- Change the radio on and play it at its default settings
- If it doesn’t go into defend mode once more, contemplate the aftermarket set up the rationale behind this glitch
Resolution 3: Test the speaker wires
In some circumstances, the shorting of speaker wires collectively or the constructive ones with the bottom push a radio into the defend mode. This often occurs once you add new audio system to the system with poor set up protocols. A radical inspection is required to resolve this drawback.
- Take away the receiver unit and test the speaker wires.
- There might be 4 units of two wires (often in purple, white, inexperienced, and grey shade schemes). Ensure each wire is insulated correctly. Search for any fraying and injury throughout the size of the wire, particularly at locations the place wires are bundled collectively or touching any metallic floor.
- For those who discover any of the problems talked about above, take away and change the speaker wires. It will get your Kenwood radio out of defend mode.
If not one of the above options repair the issue, you will have to take the radio to designated Kenwood dealerships or any seasoned automotive audio skilled in your neighborhood.